Sunday, June 10, 2012

Finadene Sauce

Thanks to a friend of ours - Jason, we have a new addiction. It's a common item often served with red rice in Guam and it's called Finadene Sauce.
Unfortunately he tantalizes us with this every time we get together, and I can never get enough and always crave more. He plans on opening a restaurant soon, which we will frequent often, because his food and sauce are AMAZING, but until that time I needed to find a way to satiate my craving. Well last weekend, all I wanted was this damn sauce couldn't get it off my mind, so I set out to find a recipe.
This is my modified version.
We like it SPICY! So, feel free to adjust to your liking.
:)

Finadene Sauce  

Ingredients:
2 Serrano Peppers, minced
2-3 Serrano Peppers, sliced finely
1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped (we do small, but feel free to try larger pieces instead, if that is what you would prefer)
1/4c. White Vinegar or Lemon Juice (we have tried both, but the vinegar taste more like the real deal)
1/4c. Soy Sauce
1/4c. Liquid Aminos (if you don't have this, just use soy sauce instead).

Directions:
Cut up peppers, set aside. Pour vinegar in to a bowl. Slowly add soy sauce and liquid aminos, until you have the right balance. Sometimes we have added slightly more soy or liquid aminos than listed above to get the desired flavor. Add the onion and peppers. Chill until ready to serve, or eat immediately.
This is delicious over rice, you may like it over chicken or other meat. I like to make rice, top it with the sauce and have some veggies thrown into the mix. I will generally use red, yellow and orange bell peppers, corn, peas, and tomatoes. Yum!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
As soon as Jason opens this restaurant of his, I will make sure to post about that as well, since it is sure to be a FABULOUS establishment. Until then-this will have to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment